Friday, November 8, 2013

Busan Fireworks Festival 2013, MANNAM International - MANNAM Korean Class events

Busan Fireworks Festival 2013


MANNAM Volunteer Association is a  global organization that has brought joy to many lives in Korea. They not only provide services for those in need but provide a sense of community for Koreans and foreigners living in Korea. Living as a foreigner in Korea, I've found comfort here; MANNAM International makes one feel at home. Over the past year I have been involved in a number of MANNAM events. Last winter I participated in a volunteer event making Kimchi for those unable to make it themselves. I really enjoyed this event as it gave me insight on Korea's main traditional food and how it is made. I also attended a Korean Cultural experience where participants learned about traditional Korean pottery and were taught how to create their own bowls and dishes from clay! It was an exciting experience I will never forget,

 
Recently I've been attending a Korean classes for beginners. This class is organized by MANNAM and I have the priviledge of working with some wonderful teachers and classmates. These teachers volunteer their time and efforts to teaching people from all over the world how to speak Korean. In this class we learn how to read Hangul and some basic conversation topics. I learn so much every week! The people at MANNAM are not ordinary people. They are special because they love you before they even know you! They give their all in whatever they do. They help foreigners feel at home in another country by spreading their message of world peace through their actions.
In October, Busan put on it's annual Fireworks Festival. This is one of my favorite times of the year! This year MANNAM invited our Korean class to watch the fireworks together. They organized a place for us to meet and even rented a space on top of the Soho Hospital in Gwangan for us to watch the fireworks.  That evening my classmates and I got together to meet our teacher Linda. She met us at the subway station and walked us to the hospital. We got there just in time to watch the spectacular show where we had one of the best views in the city! In addition to watching fireworks, there were complimentary Kimchi rice balls, coffee, and green tea. The experience was unforgettable and it was even better to share it with our wonderful teachers and all the students in Korean class. It was a magical night!
 
I'm very thankful to have the opportunity to participate and be involved with MANNAM. Their love and kindness shows in everything they do. I believe world peace will be achieved because of organizations such as MANNAM and the people who volunteer there.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Hill, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment