Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MANNAM International Korean Class had the experience to make Kimchi which is korean traditional food

Sharing Kimjang with MANNAM Volunteer Association
(It will be delivered to poor neighbors.)
 
 
Kimjang is an event for making kimchi in large quantities so that it may be stored and eaten during the winter. Since kimchi is the most basic side dish in Korean dining, this is considered a major family event in preparation for the cold season.
 Annually my mother goes to hometown and makes Kimchi with ant and grandma, and brings them home. Eating Kimchi, that is a matter of course. However, I had no chance to make Kimchi and actually this is my first time to make Kimchi.
 
 

About 30 foreigners participated in Kimjang in MANNAM Volunteer and there were other volunteers. Including me, all my friends were excited to do our new experience.
 
 
Some of them tastedextemporaneously, gave the piece of Kimchi each other, sang a song and danced.
 
 
 That made good atmosphere and all MANNAM volunteers can enjoy that time. By increasing our temperature, all of us could concentrate to do Kimjang and we finished that ahead of time.
 
 
Finished the volunteer work, we went to eat Korean traditional meal. Started from Korean traditional pancake, there were Korean chicken soup, egg cooking and so on. With amount of cooking, I ate my fill. Various and delicious foods made us happy and friendly.  



 
   Activities with MANNAM are always exciting. I can feel others consideration and peaceful heart. Including Kimjang, I am gaining good experiences with MANNAM. If you want peace and make them real, how about come and join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment