Thursday, July 18, 2013

[MANNAM Volunteer] Talk, Play, Clean, and Volunteer!

 
 
April 28th Sunday
From the early morning, the MANNAM Volunteers gathered at Jongro 3ga station to clean up the street!
With tongs, brooms, and plastic bags in our hands, we enthusiastically got rid of the mess from the night before.
It was a fun experience.
 While we were cleaning up the street, it was unusual for the residents to see foreigners to clean up the litter.
During the volunteering acitivity, I realized that just like we get things from the nature without any payment, we can also do something for it without wanting a reward.
After we were done with cleaning, we went up to Bukchon Hanok Village- the traditional house village right next to Insadong.
There were many awesome traditional houses from which we could feel Korean antiqueness.




One of our members said,
“I enjoyed today alot doing volunteer work, picking up trashes on the streets. It was very nice to do it from the morning but I feel sad there were lots of people so that I couldn’t clean as much as I had wanted to. And the BukChon village was very beautiful and it was really fun and good to have lunch with my friends in MANNAM after the work. I wish we have such events again!!”
In my perspective,  peace comes from doing goods to the people around. It doesn’t matter how you help them,but the important thing is that you are bringing happiness and peace to the world.

source: http://mannamvictory.wordpress.com/category/mannam-volunteers/

No comments:

Post a Comment